MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More legitimate Grand Slam Title! Murray V Del GOATro

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #94
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More legitimate Grand Slam Title! Murray V Del GOATro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
Bollocks
If you check out MTF at the time, there was a mayor sensation that Delpo could do it, because he has proven beforehand that he could and was growing and getting gradually better and better throughout the year. It wasn't a fluke, Delpo showed he was progressing in solid steps that year. So we all felt Delpo had a chance at the Fedal wall, specially against Nadal.
I wasn't on MTF at the time, but I remember several analysts predicting JMDP to get to the final by beating Murray and Nadal. I don't think many expected him to actually beat Federer in the final though, I know I didn't. Making the final was hardly a surprise, taking down Federer there was though; although he had been mightily close at RG months earlier, beating Federer in your first Slam final at 20yo is a quite impressive achievement.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote