MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What Murray needs to surpass Safin and Hewitt?

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #95
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Murray needs to surpass Safin and Hewitt?

Marat and Hewitt will both have over Murray something which, for me anyway, is greater than just results: they both came out of the blocks fast and won Majors. And they beat the big player of that era, Sampras who while might have been past his peak was still winning Wimbledons. Unfortunately for Murray he did not have the mentality to beat Federer in his first couple of Major finals and it took him until he was 25, by which time the careers of Safin and Hewitt were about to hit the downward spiral due to injuries and developments in the game passing them by. For me this means that Murray has to get 3 Majors and number one to beat Marat and he needs 3 Majors and to finish a couple of years number one to beat Hewitt in order to make up for his earlier mental weaknesses.