MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The 'no let-rule' trial at Challengers is (Won't continue on after next week)

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heilbronn Challenger 2013 - 'no let-rule'

There was a thread about that rule with already a lot of talkings, it would be better to merge those threads,
because there will probably more and more reactions about that in next months.

Personally I'd rather think like Castle007 or Dencod ("bring back the net-person") but it seems that it's hard to make that rule a fully objective one.

Besides, yes, I think it's completely different from volley-ball : in volley-ball the ball goes less quickly and there are players just behind the net.

Overall, I think the "no-let rule" is more of an advantage for the receiver because points when the ball is slowed down are not played again. It can be the opposite, yes, but overall I think it's more of an advantage for the receiver.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote