MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News & Articles about Grigor

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #141
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Interview with Grigor from today You can find it in Bulgarian here, but here's my translation and lets hope it's better then the one from Google

About the upcoming Davis Cup match with Finland:
"With or without Jarkko it's the same. I think that I know almost everyone of their team. I haven't played with them except that match with Kontinen at the Junior Wimbledon final, but I think we won't have any problems. With opponents like them we just have to be careful and use our chances"

About 2012 and the start of the new season:
"2012 was a big year for me and I had some great results. It hurt a lot after that final with Andy and I didn't slept much in the next two days. I know I had my chances and I could of done it, but lets hope the next time I'll do better and win the title. I have more than 20 tournaments to play till the end of this year, but my schedule will also depend on my game and how I'll do in those tournaments. I hope if everything is OK I'll get in at least at Top 30 in the rankings till the end of 2013, because for me it's very important to be seeded in the big tournaments."

About his ups and downs - how he played a final one week and lost in the first round in the next one:
"One day you can play really well and the next day your game might not be on the same level as you want, but the ultimate goal is to win every single match"

About the new academy and the changes in his training:
"My training was very different in December. I changed my fitness coach, who really helped me a lot in those 5 weeks. At the moment I've changed everything in my team and I think for now everything works well"

About the pluses and minuses in his game:
"When I serve at 5-3 and then lose the set (laughing)."

Which player's style he likes the most:
"For me Federer will always be model №1 and I think everyone thinks the same."

Which component of his game he wants to improve in 2013:
"The goal of my training before this season was to feel better physically, to not have any injuries, to play more tournaments and to not retire if I have some small injury. I think that will help me for the future and that's the most important thing."

And of course - About the Federer comparisons:
"I think those comparisons with Federer are already quite worn and even he said that once. I actually had lunch with him in Australia a couple of days ago and we talked about that subject. We both have the same opinion about it and that's good (laughing).

Enjoy!

Singles: [Rank: #23, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #105, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote