MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Nole surpass Nadal's GS count at the end of their career?

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #44
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nole surpass Nadal's GS count at the end of their career?

Djokovic is 25, 26 later this year. He has 3 - 4 more years of domination. His only real competition is Murray, a fading Federer and a potentially non-competitive Nadal. He has 6 slams already, with say 15 more to realistically play for. If he wins half of those he will have 13 or 14 slams, which is a realistic outcome, IF he stays fit.

Thus there is a very good chance Djokovic could surpass Nadal's 11, as I'm not convinced Nadal will add to his count.

The problem Djokovic has is that his game is very taxing on his body. I thought even today he didn't look 100% out there against Murray and was leaking errors as he was trying to shorten the rallies quite a bit. I think he is very concious of the fact that for longevity he will have to change his game, and he definitely comes to the net a lot more than he used to. If he can stay fit, he will surpass Nadal.

I don't think he'll get past Federer's 17 though, as I'm convinced Federer will add to his tally yet with Wimbledon where Fed's game is more suited than Djokovic's game, as Djokovic can't move as well on grass and his game is so dependent on his movement.
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote