MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #1091
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
Serious question for Rafa fans. What are your expectations for the South America swing?

NB: Anyone who thinks that he is bound to win all three tournaments because they are on clay an that every other player is a mug need not bother replying.
Mark Lenders is correct, that is indeed the most likely outcome. I love Nadal but am not being biased when I say I think he will win the three tournaments. the reason is less based on high expectations about his form returning as much as knowing that for at least 2/3 of the tournaments Rafael is playing, the draw is full of very mediocre players on clay as far as his standards.

Ferrer I believe is playing the Mexico tournament so that could be tough but the other two are pretty soft of draws. and, after all, Nadal has Ferrer's number on clay to an extreme amount

it would be different if any of the top guys played these South American events, but since they seem to evade them like the plague, it certainly gives Rafael some good odds to win them even despite his long absence. then again it wouldn't be TOO Shocking if he bowed out early on his first tournament back, but seriously mate, look at the players signed on to play! nothing too intimidating

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!