MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What Murray needs to surpass Safin and Hewitt?

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #74
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Murray needs to surpass Safin and Hewitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Djokovic is better than Murray and Safin is better than Berdych, so not really the same situation.

Not to mention that, as Leng Jai pointed out, that could happen in todays conditions. In a faster court Safin would blow Murray of the court.
I said previously that I dont know how successful Murray would have been in the early noughties, because big booming 1-2 tennis is not his natural game.

And yeah i imagine Safin vs Murray on a fast court would mainly go to Safin. And Safin Murray on a slow court would mainly go to Murray.

Re- Berdych - Djokovic rivalry I was just trying to highlight how big serving and attacking tennis can be completely nullified by great defenders and counter punchers to a devastating one-sided effect.

Its true peak Safin is most probably a better player than Berdych, but Berdych didnt have the benefit Safin had of playing on courts that suited his game.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote