MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Q&A With Mark Lenders.

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #395
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
What did you make of Tsonga during his AO run?
I liked it overall. He had a pretty easy draw in the first four rounds, but he won all his matches rather easily, which is great considering how he usually drops random sets in early rounds - he was far more solid and consistent than usual.

Of course the match with Federer is the most important one here, imo that match was the best of the tournament along with Djokovic vs Wawrinka. I think he played a quite good match, he was returning serve rather well for his standards and his BH was way more solid than usual, you could see some off season work there. He still had some bizarre tactical choices at times that ended up costing him the match, but he could easily have won, it was a very close match - he actually broke Federer more times than Fed broke him, and the SF vs Murray showed how hard it was for Fed to beat him, he was clearly a bit fatigued. He didn't play even close to his best but he was solid - that was great to see and an encouraging sign.

He also looked fitter/in better shape overall, much better than the shadow of a player he was in late 2012. I hope this was not just a 'fluke' and that he continues to work hard with Rasheed, 2013 could be a great year for him. Wimbledon should be his main target, he can do well on the clay too but it's at Wimbledon that he must look to play his best tennis.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote