MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Murray ever win a clay title?

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #348
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have we seen the best from Murray on clay?

He's played well on clay before. Just to name a few matches:
- Rome 2011 vs Djokovic (Arguably the best complete match he's played on the surface, had a great chance to win it)
- Monte-Carlo 2011 vs Nadal (Second set he completely outplayed Rafa, best set he's played on the surface)
- Roland Garros 2011 vs Nadal (Although losing in straights he kept it very competitive each set)

His game suits the surface well and if he can just manage to keep a good consistent level on the surface he'll definitely be achieving better results than he is now.

Since he's never made a final on clay either I would like it if he played a 250 on the surface, doing well in one and finally reaching a final or winning a title on clay will only do his self belief a lot of good.

There's definitely a lot more to Murray's game on clay and if he is to have any chance of ever being being at the top of the world rankings, he needs to discover it.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote