MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #1181
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

Wait until you really are old!!

Anyway, I don't like to dwell in the past or think the olden days were better. I sometimes get irritated with people who want to glorify the 50s or 60s etc. There were big problems in those eras and things that we never want to return to.

I think that the technology advances are so amazing and I love them. But the social aspects too. I never thought Germany would be reunited and certainly no in my lifetime, and now there are young adults who have no memory of it being divided or the stories of people risking their lives to cross. Or, who would have dreamed in the early 60s that in 50 years there would be a man of african heritage president of the united states? There are many urgent problems to solve now, but I just think it's all better despite the looming and truly hard problems that face us.

Also do you study history? I gathered that you might when you talked about your thesis. This is such an interesting time for history with new documents from the eastern bloc now available for study.
Heck, if I feel this old while Iīm 22, I donīt want to know how Iīll feel in 20-30 years But seriously now, I think part of the reason people in their early 20īs feel old from time to time is because that is the period that they see a new generation growing up that is different than themselves. Even though I can recognize some things in this generation that us 90īs kids had, this generation clearly has a ethos of itsī own.

As far as technological and social changes go, Iīm fairly certain the world will be very interesting in 50 years. Just how it will look, I canīt imagine.

I study European Studies, which can best be described as a mix of political sciences and history, with a bit of law and economics thrown in for good measure. Itīs indeed an interesting time, not just because documents from the east become available, but documents from the west pertaining the Cold War as well. The tricks the two sides tried to pull on eachother are even dirtier than usually imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I wen to the food fair in this town an hour from here, called Montalegre. I have photos to share later, but first I need you to understand what type of food it was. It was traditional food from this northern region of Portugal, there is word for it but I can't find the right translation, it's "fumeiro". Which is this:
Isnīt this smoked sausage? Fumeiro is probably a cognate of fumado/fumato, which refer to smoking.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!