MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #345
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? Thatís a really difficult call.

Like all these crap commentators, Agassi try to promote tennis. In 2020, Agassi, Trollander and co will say that Tomic play better than any player ever played before... Nobody will say "well, tennis players are averages today comparing to pasts champions" Casuals fans need to think that their champions are the bests.

It was the same when everyone called Federer the "best ever" even though he had only 6 slams. It was disrespectful for pasts legends like Laver, Gonzalez, Hoad...

I like Federer because he never said these kinds of statements, he's very respectful of pasts champions. Djokovic said many times than him and his mates raised tennis to a new level. His tennis knowledege is poor. I remember, in 2009 (Nadal had 4 FO) a journalist ask him who had won the most FO in the history (Borg easily at that time). He answered a shit like "i don't know... Nadal?"
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote