MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Who plays tennis?" thread

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #80
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Who plays tennis?" thread

I used to play a lot and competitive tennis(I made the try to become a professional player) when I was a teenager and twenties till my early 30ties. I stop and didn't touch a tennis racket for about 5 years till last year (At 41 years old). My fitness changed since my twenties as I'm not as fast as I used to be but I'm fast enought compared to most of the guys on their twenties that I played with last year.
My game is an aggresive one. I attack as soon as I have a chance.
1) Aggresive forehand which is a big weapon when I'm in control of the point but is rubbish when I'm in a defensive position .
2) GREAT two handed backhand. Really good on defensive and offensive game. Great control. I tend to dictate the game with it. I even move over my backhand when I have the chance to make a great shot . Today I have not the speed as I used to have in the past so I find some troubles to counterpunch as I used to do in the past. My backhand is the key of my game
3) Great first and second serves inspite of my height (1,75). I feel really confidence with it on hard courts but not so effective on clay.
4) Descent volleys and overhead. Nice overall net game. My height never helped me with it to make of it a real weapon.
5) Poor game tactics. Probably one of my weaknesses. I tend to control the game and everything depends of me as my offensive game is really good but my defensive game is really bad especially today as I'm not that fast as in the past.
6) Mentally strong and great determination. This is one of my strenghts. I never give up. Never gave up. You have to beat me if you want to win.
7) I always felt more confident on hard and carpet than on clay which is a surface where I hate to play (most of the court surfaces in Argentina are clay)
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote