MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Australian Open

Thread: Australian Open
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #228
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
I dont think its worth watching. As a ferru fan u might just feel worse.

Mae, it was on ESPN. (not espn2) U should be able to watch it! Ferrer better start believing more in himself. He cant say things like "I don't belong in the top 4" He doesn't if he has that attitude!
I'm not sure how he should act with regard to self-belief.

I mean, honestly, he is right! Why is he in the top 4? Because Nadal is injured. He doesn't say he doesn't belong in the Top 5. He's just being realistic. And for most players, I would say, alright, you need to believe in yourself and so on. But Ferrer is special. His realism and his humble behaviour seem to have worked very well for him, I believe his attitude is the main reason why he has "made the most out of what he has", as they often say.

Now, the big question mark for me is: why does Ferrer seem to lack self-belief in matches against the Big 3? Does he play badly because he doesn't believe, or does he simply play worse than usual because he faces players who have close to no weaknesses, and who are just giving him an extraordinarily hard time and preventing him from playing his usual tennis?
I think it's a difficult question to solve. It's difficult to know if a player plays badly because of his own mental problems, or if it's because of the superior level of his adversary.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote