MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vote the biggest victims of Surface slowness

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vote the biggest victims of Surface slowness

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Federer himself actually admitted that it helped him.
What Federer said IIRC, and what I think is true, is that top-players have less danger to suffer losses against lower-ranked players, typically big servers ... in those conditions.

It's easier for top-players to be so constant at reaching the late rounds.

It's not the only reason comparing to the 90s by the way : also the seeding system.

But I don't think that Fed did say that it helped him against the likes of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, who have been his main opponents for long. He's not stupid.

I think overall Fed has mostly suffered of slower hardcourts against those, but I don't think he's suffered of slow grass overall because it's also helped him against big servers.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote