MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup

Thread: Davis Cup
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #586
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

I used to have high hopes for Frank Dancevic back when he first came out. Like when he won that rubber against Saretta in Calgary in 2005 I think, that match win took us to the world group for the first time in a long time and I really thought he was the real deal. Like he was truly top 50 material and we finally had a solid singles players in our ranks but....it didn't turn out that way which is so disapointing. I went from having high hopes and praising Dancy to looking down on him and seeing him as a flake.

Anyways, it would've been so nice if Levine couldve played for us. It wouldve helped for sure. He had a 2nd round showing at the AO and QF showing at Heineken Open. He's a solid player compared to Frank, Vasek and Peter without question. He would've upset or at least go to five sets with almost any of the Spanish players. He's speedy, fast and can play a decent baseline game with the top 100 ranks and also, he has some volley skills (note, his Wimbledon 3rd round showing).

In indoor hard court conditions, Levine would've been a huge relief for us in Vancouver. Too bad he's not eligible yet. I really hope we can upset Spain and then we can use him for sure on the next tie. I wouldn't want us to go back to the qualifying stage again and start all over for 2014, it would be a waste of time. ugh...

anyways, GO CANADA GO!!!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote