MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #356
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Like mentioned in this thread, last year's 6-hour AO final was very long to watch, in my opinion too long. Compare it to yesterday's Fed-Tsonga QF that lasted about 4 hours. In my opinion, five setters should mostly last less than five hours. Marathon matches aren't very TV friendly, and also the player is dead in the next match, unless he has the egg. And Fed-Tsonga was still as exciting as last year's final, actually the first four sets were tighter as in last year's final. But at least didn't have the "When does this end?" feeling like I had during last year's final.
Not only because of the grinding and the pushing, last year's AO final was 6 hours was due to endless butt-pickings and ball-bouncing.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote