MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #274
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
The eyes are on novak at the moment. The sky news segment on his match was introduced with "novak refused to answer questions about recovery"......

I think he is legally clean and just doing old school methods but I dont know. If there is a doping list and some new variant that is not on it - "legally" you can take it.

I just wish he replaced the word legally with morally. I'm a brit - You gotta win fair. lol
If he had said "morally" people might have misinterpreted it as being not legal. 'Morally' is subjective. Some people have commited murders and claim that they were morally justified.

So Novak wanted to make sure that his answer was the he wasn't breaking any rules, that everything he did was above board in an objective sense.

I think the News Sports segment that you're referring to is shocking: it's the usual anti-Novak nuance taht has been around since I've been following Novak, in 2005.

All athletes keep their training and recovery routines secret: they don't want to give any advantages to their adversaries. But the way it was phrased (according to what you posted, I didn't hear it) makes it sound as if Novak should have answered and refused to, typical.

People keep talking about Novak's "sudden" transformation, as if he came from nowhere. He was he #3 player for 4 straight years, and in 2010 he was ranked #2 for half the year (although nobody mentioned that fact, except me on several forums ) Then he made his final push and became the #1. If people were surprised, it's because instead of watching tennis, they just read about it.

I wonder what will happen if Roger beats Andy after a tough 5-setter, at the age of 31, not 25. Will they grill him about his recovery?

Andy himself has taken fitness to another level, yet nobody, as far as I know, has accused him of doping. Lendl himself, when he was a player, transformed himself into an unbeatable robot... No questions there either.

As they shouldn't be, there's no evidence. To single out Nole is unfair, in my opinion.

Testing should be improved, or made more frequent, or whatever would make people feel better. But innuendoes and accusations without evidence are definitely not on, in my book.