MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - AO 2013 "Tennis Draw" Game. Winner: NISHIKORI, Kei

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #1077
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2013 "Tennis Draw" Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
What about to do it in all majors but with point by point? I will help with managing

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It's not a matter of management, but one of time, participation, and efficiency.

As a trial run, no one was sure how many participants the game would get. In the interest of finishing in a timely manner, the earlier rounds were made shorter.

But I think, too, after playing it through, making every round point-by-point would be far too tiresome, especially since it would mean enduring many matches which people have no interest in. It's important to keep participants interested.

While that makes every player more vulnerable due to the shoot-out style of the early rounds. Voting them through appropriately earns their right to a more forgiving format, I think.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote