MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Murray camp unhappy with schedule

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #81
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Ferrer & Baggy are on different side of the draw, they were never playing on same day Murray did. Draw was lopsided : Djokovic is only star on top half and he played vs clearly weaker opposition in 1st week which is not good for night matches., Berdych is "half star", others are usual workhorses. They had problems : who is BIG enough player to have night match, who is entertainer? Thats why they put Ferru and Baggy on, they didnt have better names.

Bottom half had more bigger names : Fed, Murka,Del Potro,home crowd fav Tomic, Tsonga, always entertaining Monfils. They had different problem : who do we leave out of night matches,whose match is less interesting for crowd ? They thought Murray matches were probable beatdowns and they were right too.They put Monfils as last match 3 times and at least got competetive matches in 4 and 5 sets. MTF may not agree , but I would watch Monfils- Simon 5 set "gladiator show" rather than Murray beating crap out of Berankis in straights.I think crowd loved it also.
And Roger's matches have been so thrilling, all those five setters...oh wait a minute. Despite the hype they've all been straight setters for Fed. Unless Tsonga can repeat what he did at 2011 Wimbledon it's very likely that it could be another straight setter for Fed.

Like I said, if they are not going to put a women's match in the night session, why not just put both men's matches at night?

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote