MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Murray camp unhappy with schedule

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #51
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post
Another article, this time with quotes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...Open-draw.html

Murray said: "Once you get to the semi-finals or finals here, both matches will be in the evening.

"Ideally it would be nice to get a [quarter-final] match in the evening but if not you just get on with it.

“Sometimes the schedule works well for you and sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly.

"I've had scenarios like at the US Open where it worked in my favour.

"Wimbledon didn't necessarily work in my favour this year, or last year, and the first US Open final I played, it didn't work in my favour. But you don't dictate the schedule, you just try and play and deal with everything as best you can."

Yeah, such a complainer this Murray

He won't complain, that's nice. I'll complain for him. They really shoud've been more balanced with the schedule. I find it odd that they had no problems giving Ferrer/Baghdatis a night match but not Andy. The whole Slam champion excuse doesn't fly since David has never even been to a Slam final and Marcos' final run here was 7 years ago. And the match was NID for Ferrer. And unless Tsonga found his 2011 Wimbledon game, then I expect the same for the night match with Federer.

At the very least make it a double feature. Put Murray-Chardy on first, then Federer-Tsonga second if they aren't going to give one of the two spots to a women's match.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote