MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #289
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Okay, and like I said these kind of long rallies are 100% possible on faster courts; anyone that's watched tennis for a while would know this.

If anything slowing down the courts make these rallies unspectacular.
I don't think we are really disagreeing here, save for that you think the audience would not notice if the courts were sped up again, whereas I think that they seem to like the current status quo. It could be that you are right, but that would still mean that the tournament organisers need an incentive to speed up some courts, seeing as how the audience will not be clamoring for it of its' own accord.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote