MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How good is Richard Gasquet?

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2002, 01:55 AM   #3
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Richard Gasquet has many good things going for him. There is no reason he shouldn't meet Jarkko in the finals, though I think (and want) Jarkko to/will defend his challenger title and gain the confidence he'll need in the main draw at TMS Toronto.

We have to remember that Richard is only 15, so it might be a few years before he comes full force on the main tour. He is an excellent clay court player, taking a set from Albert Costa at the French (and then winning the boys singles title--how's that for irony?), but I'm not sure about other surfaces.

Right now, all of Richard's accompishments are gravy. In the coming years, as he plays opponents as good and better than him, then we'll see what he's truly made of.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote