MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who's the more talented player? Andy Roddick vs Goran Ivanisevic?

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's the more talented player? Andy Roddick vs Goran Ivanisevic?

Goran at some pretty hot streak moments BUT the problem is they were so long and far in between... I think we can all agree that Roddick overall had more weapons and certainly a much better brain for pressure moments and determining what tactics to use against differing opponents. obviously towards the end of his career for some baffling reason Andy just went to his slice in every worrisome situation.

Ivanesivic was not more talented than Andy Roddick, even Goran's best weapon, the serve, is not necessarily better than ROddick's. Roddick better at net, better groundstrokes, etc. certainly better mindset. Goran had a great game for Wimbledon but not as much elsewhere hence all the finals. if you asked who was more deserving of a Wimbledon title, I would say Roddick, and unlike Goran he didn't even get one! I gurantee if Roddick had played in the 90s he would have snagged a Wimbledon title. Federer is just something unparrelled to have on the opposite side of the court in that sort of occasion

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote