MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Richie's new season - Doha + Aussie Summer 2013

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #44
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richie's new season - Doha + Aussie Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Very disappointing - Richard started off the match 0-40 and things went down from there. Have no idea where the focused, confident, fighting Richard went but he was surly missing in action. I'm beginning to believe that he really doesn't want to go past GS R4.

Tsonga was very beatable but Richard didn't seem to even care. Thought Richard had maybe finally learned how to compete like a top 10 player but not even close.

He clearly has some mental block about 4th round right now. I doubt that he doesn't want to compete, he just goes through the motions for some reason. Perhaps it is that losses such as to Murray at Wimbledon in 2008 and to Gonzalez in 5 that did him in, but he is not the same player once he reaches second week.

Of course given the Wawrinka's effort against Djokovic, Richard's performance seems not worthy of top 10 player. Is someone like Wawrinka that much more talented and that much more of a fighter? Or Tipsarevic's fight against Ferrer at last year's US Open (compared to Richard's meek and predictable straight set loss)

There is a reason why Richard has no respect and almost goes unmentioned before he reaches second week. Even now that he is top 10. He has to prove himself
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote