MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nadal would have _________ had he played AO 2013.

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #42
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal would have _________ had he played AO 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon20 View Post
Really ? I thought it was the 08 Wimby final, greatest match ever (imo).
Naw, in terms of quality I thought Australia was better. Even Wimbledon 2007 had a higher quality of play for a longer duration than 2008.

2008 had arguably the most drama by far, especially since so much was on the line for both of them (6 in a row for Federer, perhaps retain #1 ranking, Rafa going for channel slam first since Borg, Rafa becoming #1 for the first time, etc) so much hype and talk for that particular match, which is why a large amount of very casual tennis fans also look at that match as a fantastic one. Rafa could have beaten Federer in straight sets as he had his chances, and he should have beaten Roger in 4. However, he got tight. Federer played great in some moments, but overall his game was pretty lackluster and Rafa was clearly in his head.