MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Wire is the best TV-series ever

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #60
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wire is the best TV-series ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
The best show ever. Followed closely in my book by Breaking Bad. Love that show too, but I've never cried over a character dying the way I did with the Wire. Bodie...poor Bodie. Loved that guy.

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm also a huge Omar fan. The courtroom scene from season one? Some of the best 7 minutes of television ever made. As was his famous scene with Brother Mouzone.
I have always found Brother Mouzone to be a character that didn't really contribute much to the series. My favorite was by far Stringer Bell (as you can tell by my avatar ), especially in season 3 were he and Avon get more and more opposed and eventually betray each other. Season 3 was maybe the best in my opinion (although it is very hard to pick one out) also with Colvins 'Hamsterdam' experiment. Bunny Colvin and Stringer Bell were two revolutionary (potential) game changers, and it was sad to see how office politics make any plan for changes impossible. "The game stays the game".
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote