MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #251
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green25814 View Post
Yeah, one match defines a player. Watch Federer in his early 20s then come back to me.

Its true that Fed has lost some of his explosiveness with age, but I think credit should be given to Berdych who is capable of a very high level of play on fast courts. Would've been a slam winner in the 90s.
In his early 20's pink often lost to fast court players like Nalbandian. As surfaces got slower Nalbandian started declining and pink rose. Berdych, Nalbandian, Ancic, Tsonga suffered the greatest from slowness of surfaces. Tsonga was good attacking player initially when he broke out in 2008 but had to convert into another defensive player which he is not good at to match with slow courts.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote