MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #4187
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

Fed definitely not
Rafa neither, hopefully...

hmmm, interesting choice of words which I shall blame to the regular MariaV program entitled: "sucking up to a swiss Fedtard".
When being polite is being labeled as a vulgar act, things look kinda sad.

Quote:
What bothers me about this entire thing is the hypocrisy of sports journalism in all of this: until a couple of years ago, they were still swooning over Lance as the perfect athlete: the intelligent, hard-working ultimate professional.
I'm thinking about one particular journalist who wrote a book about the hero Lance (so, he earned quite a bit of money from it) and now, he claims that he knew a long time ago (since 2000 or so) that Lance was doping.
FFS, how do you combine your hero book with knowing he was doping?

Talking of those hero books: In a library in Australia, they were wondering what to do with all those Lance Armstrong hero books. They came up with a funny solution IMO: they moved all those books to the "fiction" section of the library.

So, after having turned him into a hero, claiming that Lance would never sink as deep as Virenque, Pantani & co but Lance achieved what he achieved due to hard work and sheer talent....yadda, yadda, yadda....many of those sports journalist are doing a massive U-turn on him.
They just go where the money goes: before, the "hero story" sold books, articles, t-shirts, bracelets,... now, the "cheating bastard" story sells articles and will sell books, movies, tv interviews,...
Not that I'm surprised by that U-turn but there's just too much hypocrisy on either side in this particular story. I guess the only explanation is that so many people really wanted to believe in the hero Lance story. It was easier to just push Pantani & co aside as villains.
Integrity doesn't come into it. "Show me the money" is more like it.

Many of those sports journalists were a whole lot more lenient towards Lance because of him being a cancer survivor, which he also used. In his interview, he talks about his life-time ban as having received the "death penalty".
--> Talk to Marco Pantano and Frank Vandenbroucke, dude. Compared with them, you're still being treated like royalty.
I completly agree here. It is really kinda distrubing how hypocritical people are. I can't take this whole public drug debate serious. There is much more money in doping people and winning then there is in catching people and putting the whole sport into a questionable light. So what a puzzler how good the testing is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Does this really surprise you, Hilde? It's all about money these days, journalists are no exception. And sports is only business these days.
not so pessimstic my dear

Quote:
OK as no rich Swiss here has taken the bate I'll go back to work!

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!