MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #59
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
I assume you've never played tennis.

Serving well is just a developed talent as any other shot and aspect of the game. You speak as if it were something "cheap". It's probably the hardest shot to master in this sport and whoever manages to have a level of execution as good as players like Raonic in the present and Sampras in the past have must have a chance to use it to win points.

Taking away the second serve would turn the ATP into the WTA, that is: crap.
I play a lot of tennis, and I am primarily a S&V player with a big serve.

I am just saying that I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to get rid of the second serve and eliminate all the servebots. Speed up the courts and single serves would still be a lot more effective than their current second serves. You would get a lot less aces / unreturnables but then it's more enjoyable to watch people win points with their ground games.

Yes, it would change the game substantially. But that is not necessarily always a bad thing.

Saying it would turn the ATP into the WTA is just silly talk. Do you really think that big servers is the only reason men's tennis is better than women's?
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote