MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Australian Open Doubles Draw

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #48
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open Doubles Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Bryans win a tough 2.5 hour match 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3

Bryans had a set point in the first set. In the TB, Chardy doublefaulted twice, but C/K were the much better team and they managed to win it easily.

Chardy played really well towards the end of the first set and he continually out-volleyed the Bryans. But this didn't last long. He was the weak link for most of the remaining match and Bryans closed it out easily.

There was a 42 stroke rally when Bryans were serving for the second set which C/K won.

Easy win for Granny/Lopez.
I really disagree and would say Kubot was the weak link in the final set. Jérémy produced some great winners while Lukasz was largely invisible. I also don't think it was Jérémy's fault that Kubot got broken.

I was really pleased to see how much Jérémy has improved as a doubles player, because he really used to be all over the place. The Bryans were more consistent though and played some smart decisions towards the end. Too bad the team with the obnoxious on-court attitude had to win.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote