MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #165
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
WTF!? I mean it seriously, I suppose your post was suppose to be meant as incompetent. Most Tour De France wins ever...yea, but he wasn't the best cyclist in the history of the sport. Hmm...I also think that Andre Agassi was the greatest tennis player ever based on my opinion I mean using an empirical measurement like number of weeks at number 1, slam wins, titles etc. That's just stupid, I'll pickout who I like and just say they are the best ever.
Then you know precious little about cycling. Merckx won eleven Grand Tours - eleven is better than seven, in much the same way seven Wimbledons by a tennis player with nothing to back them up wouldn't beat Borg's eleven. Plus, Merckx has 22 wins in the biggest one-day races, the monuments (19) plus the world championships (3), compared to Armstrong's one - the WC 1993. Merckx is so much better it is no surprise there were room for several others in between, such as Coppi, Hinault, Anquetil, Bartali, Gilmondi, Kelly....
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote