MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #157
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Like there were no epic matches in the past? All top players used to play both singles and doubles, 5 sets masters etc, yet I don't remember anyone here doubting 80s or 90s players.
You have GOT to be kidding me?

Of course there is massive speculation/cases about various stimulant use in this era. EPO wasn't even detectable at that point, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was in the mix.

Also, the courts were not slow as hell everywhere back in those days. Less endurance required.

If its too good to be true, then it probably is.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote