MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #914
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Why invoke that all of a sudden (you didn't ask people to choose the colors originally).
I asked people for a few major decisions I took with this thing, but it would have been a waste of time to ask them for every little thing. If I receive a series of complaints or suggestions regarding anything, I do the change. Like I introduced the Country Rankings, and the Age Group Rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
There are over 256 colors (at the very least) I think you can easily come up with a solution... if you really wanted
There is no reason to change this color though and you are the only one asking it. I'm really sorry if you hate the fact that I refuse, but I have a lot of things to do besides this, like a system that actually allows data mining from inside the Excel file for people that don't know how to use Excel, plus my job and taking care of a baby. I barely look inside the rankings 2 times a day, making sure there are no bugs that prevent people from seeing the updated system. Again, I apologize, but unless there are more people wanting this, I won't do it. Thank you for understanding.

BTW, if the reason is visibility, the better things to do would be decreasing the impact of background color, instead of changing the color of a current tournament, that would necessitate a recalculation of all ranking entries in order to set all the colors for all recorded tournaments.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!