01-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Tennis Tipping Davis Cup 2013 - February/2013 - WG I R16/WG II
Tennis Tipping Davis Cup 2013 - February 2013 - WG I R16/WG II R1
What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide which player wins.
- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.
How to Sign-Up:
Sign Up for Davis Cup has already taken place. Weekend ties:
(1) USA vs Australia (c)*
(7) Singapore (c)* vs Romania
(3) Brazil vs Bulgaria (c)*
(5) Netherlands vs Canada (c)*
Great Britain (c)* vs (6) Germany
Croatia vs (4) Greece (c)*
Russia (c) vs (8) Switzerland
Poland (c)* vs (2) Serbia
(3) France vs Czech Republic (c)*
(4) Portugal (c)* vs Israel
(5) India vs China (c)
(6) Sweden (c)* vs Egypt
(7) Ukraine vs Spain (c)*
(8) Chile vs Austria (c)*
Please read this thread for more information
How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match. Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT Davis Cup, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For Davis Cup doubles, you tip the Davis Cup doubles rubbers. No changes can be made after the play has started.
1. Players will be allowed to make tactical changes to the doubles and reverse singles up until the start of play for that day - the captains must pm me to inform me before the days' play starts though.
2. Non playing members of each team may send me in their tips each day as backup incase one of the other members of their team doesn't send in their tips.
3. Any matches where the lineups change in the ATP matches will not count in singles. For doubles, players will tip the country rather than the players so will have to use their judgement to determine who is likely to play after the first days' singles results.
4. Dead rubbers played on the final day will not count for TT purposes.
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to email@example.com.
Last edited by keqtqiadv : 02-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.