MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djozniacki...doomsday prepping?

View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djozniacki...doomsday prepping?

We've been very lucky this hasn't happened already. Nadal didn't need to win the 2008 Wimbledon final to get #1, nor did Fed need to win the 2009 Wimbledon to get it back. Djokovic didn't need to win Wimbledon to get the #1 ranking from Nadal and I can't remember if Fed needed to beat Murray to get #1 last year. In all of those cases we could have had the loser come out #1 and the winner #2 which always looks bad, in 2012 we even could have had a slamless Fed as #1 (not that he didn't deserve it after 16 slams but still).

Whether this is all luck I'll leave to you, especially if Djokovic rolls though his joke draw for another slam. Reagrless, we've been very 'lucky' so far, we'll see how long we can put off turning into the WTA.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote