MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup dubs

Thread: Davis Cup dubs
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup dubs

Why don't you respect Andre for it? I think this is probably going to be his last year on tour, and he sees it as the opportunity to be something special. The other guys (and also the guys who were left off the team to give him the spot) all seem to be psyched. They have one goal - to win the DC. Andre gives them a good shot at it - even though his hip has been spotty and so has his play, he definitely should be able to put all his energy into playing one great best-of-5 match, and he's still better than Mardy and James and Robby and Taylor, sadly.

Why are you alluding to the Bryans doping? If you don't like them for whatever reason, that's fine but I haven't heard any reason to suspect them of doping

And I agree with Fee, PMac would go with James and Mardy as the doubles team - they are solid enough singles players so that they *could* sub in, but they are also pretty good doubles players too.

As for playing Andy with one of the twins - I didn't make that up, PMac said that at some point last year when Mike's hip was questionable. I think Mardy/Bob would be a better team than Andy/Bob because Mardy is a much better doubles player, but if Andy wanted to do it PMac would probably let him play lol.

I think the ultimate point that Fee and I both tried to make is that if the Bryans - this team who basically guarantees us a point (as much as possible) - are unavailable, then he's going to go back to the safer route of having people who could be singles options in there.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 02-26-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote