MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup dubs

Thread: Davis Cup dubs
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup dubs

If one Bryan Brother were injured before PMac named the team, he would probably leave the team off and go with two singles players, such as Mardy and James. If you imagine a DC team without the Bryans and without Andre (who will only play in the US) than you would have to pick from Andy, Vince, Mardy, Taylor, Robby, James, and JanMike. You'd probably be looking at Andy, Taylor, Mardy and James in that case with Robby as the alternate. Taylor is not very good at doubles, oddly enough, Robby is still learning that he can be good at doubles, so Andy and Taylor would be the singles players, and James and Mardy would be the doubles team, and PMac would have all kinds of options to switch them around. I don't think Vince is ever going to be on the DC team again, regardless of his ranking. I heard from someone who was there in Sevilla with them and she said it was just awkward when he was around.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote