MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup dubs

Thread: Davis Cup dubs
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup dubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Well obviously if the Bryans were injured, someone else would HAVE to play... but actually I bet PMac would go with, either the uninjured Bryan and a singles player (Andy or Mardy), or he might go with a team like James and Mardy who have played doubles together, won some titles, and have played DC doubles together even.

Basically it took the Bryans winning a slam and getting to the top of the rankings before PMac was willing to take a chance on a pure doubles team and now the Bryans are as close to a guaranteed point as we have. So I think that if they couldn't play, he wouldn't want to take that risk so he'd have at least one play-able singles player in there.

Just my opinion Sorry Andrew lol
That's what I figured, before I wrote it-forgot to put it in, about James & Mardy. Interesting about Pat M waiting, but makes sense-they were shaky until they got that first slam. But not sure about the Fit Bryan + Singles player-they're twins, surely they do all the same stuff hence same injuries at same time.

Maybe if I wipe out the rest of the US Davis Cup team for a while, Jim will get a look in?
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote