MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - AO Rd2: Murray[3] routines Sousa 6-2 6-2 6-4

View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO Rd2: Murray[3] routines Sousa 6-2 6-2 6-4

Murray did what he needed to do. You could tell he wasn't particularly pressed to go after anything, defensively or offensively.

It left him in an awkward sort of fluctuation throughout the match because he could win the match however he chose to do so.

His forehand left a bigger impression on me than his backhand, which is a great sign. He really hit through it well at times. I still think it leaves something to be desired when he goes up the line with it, but I'm sure he'll continue to improve.

After what I heard about in the last round, it was good to see him pepper the serve a bit more under the heat.
BackhandDTL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote