MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
*deep breath*

Nope.

Tennis does about 10 in-competition tests a year, on average. These are completely useless, since the players know they're coming.

It also does an average of ONE out of competition test a year. This is hilarious - top cyclists get 30+. Players can also skip two in an 18 month period without any penalty.

All these details are published on the ITF site.
http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/statistics.asp

For example, for last year we know Nadal had "1-3" out of competition tests (they do it in bands for privacy reasons). Almost all of those "1-3" mean one, since we know the total number of tests.

Even sillier, almost all of the tests are urine. Blood tests are needed to detect a lot of substances.

There are numerous other mammoth loopholes, like slams only testing after a match. HGH/EPO in the right doses are only detectable for 10-12 hours, so players can dope themselves silly on off days.

The whole system is a complete joke.
We'll, thanks a lot for this information. I knew the protocol to do doping controls (I described it in my first message), that I think that is correct (as I said before), but I didn't know that the number of doping controls a year was as little as you say. So you're right: it will be great to have more doping controls (and more taking blood samples). I think that if some player avoids 3 doping controls he has to be one year off courts.

It is positive to know these details, as I thought that more doping controls were done. Regards.

"Matches are won and lost so many times in the locker room. Guys get in their mind how strong he is the warm-ups and that they will have to endure four hours of that to beat him: they are beaten even before they step on court. But that's why I like him. He basically says you are going to have to kill me to beat me." Lleyton Hewitt about Rafael Nadal

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 01-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote