MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #301
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Djokovic stays the No. 1 until October, he will overtake Nadal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I wasn't trying to show your 'argument' was incorrect; I was merely commenting on the way in which you have conducted yourself in this thread.

Your 'argument' is that you yourself do not have the knowledge to make a judgement on this issue, so have to rely on experts. And really no one can disagree with that, because no one has any special insight into your knowledge or mental state.

This was your original argument: "Pete Sampras has high level practical understanding of tennis. Tennis expert is a person who is very knowledgeable about tennis. Therefore, Sampras is an tennis expert".

Now we have established that being a "tennis expert" does not make you "tennis predictor" and thus does not qualify you to "make accurate predictions about future tennis events". This means that in order to rely on Sampras to "make accurate predictions about future tennis events", proving that he has a high level practical understanding of tennis, is not sufficient.

You must also prove that he has "a good understanding of past statistical trends, and the ability to take into account unknown variables". You have not done this.
I did not say that Sampras makes accurate predictions about future tennis events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
As you have yet to give us any facts in this discussion, you should not demand of others what you are unable to deliver yourself.
Not true. For example, my argument that Sampras is a tennis expert was based on fact that he was an top professional tennis player. I ask you again:

Can you provide fact-based argument to support your claim that I blindly follow Sampras?

Last edited by 5555 : 01-14-2013 at 10:56 AM.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote