MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - *** The L'Yvo-fanclub ***

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #4789
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** The L'Yvo-fanclub ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
I usually prefer the Netherlands, but many people don't understand which country I mean until I mention Holland. Still I think Holland is not the right naming, because it refers to only two of the twelve provinces. And I don't live in one of those two...

I didn't know they all used to have their own coin. Must be a long time ago, because the provinces are named different now.

In general when I am travelling or read articles about a country, I get a bit of a mood for that. When I joined back in 2002 I had spent my summer holidays (or at least 3,5 week of them) in Finland. It was a special holiday for me, because I learned a lot about myself (I was 17 back then).

I love Switzerland, and their people. And their sportsmen are great too.
Really? I've seen a lot of "Holland" where it should have been "The Netherlands" but I haven't met anyone who didn't understand the latter. Though, it has to be said, I haven't tried out all that many....

Most of the provinces had their own coinage until the 1790s. The citys stopped earlier and their coinage is more difficult to obtain. One thing I like about old Dutch coinage is the colourful denominations. I have a 6 1/4 stuiver from Groningen, a 48 stuiver from Frisia and - the piece the resistance - a ˝ 3 gulden from Frisia. You might wonder what the last one was worth. The answer is 1˝. ˝ 3 is taken to mean "half of three". I know of no other country where such kind of denomination has been used.

What flag would you have chosen if you were to join a forum today?
Litotes is offline View My Blog!