MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Fed's QF streak has ended.

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #72
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's QF streak has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
The surface suits his game fine; his breakthrough was here 2 years ago, getting to round 4. It's more that his form has been awful since he lost the Tokyo final to Nishikori last fall.

But a big server is always dangerous. If you can't break him, it comes down to a point or two in the TB. Or you get frustrated and get broken yourself, and there goes the set.
Fair enough. I just think his game is better suited for faster surfaces. The slower surface takes pressure off when facing Raonic in those point or two moments you talk about. It just gives the opponent that little more time. Maybe the get a racquet on a big serve or to run an approach down. I'd be more worried if Roger faced him at Wimby or the USO.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote