MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Auckland QF: G.Monfils d. T.Haas 3-6 7-5 6-3

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland QF: G.Monfils d. T.Haas 3-6 7-5 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
You mean Monfils' serve won him the match. I lost my connection at around 3-3 in the third set but in that set if a point was on Monfils' serve it ended either on a serve winner on a 1st or second serve, a double fault or a really short rally won by Haas. Mostly serve winners and double faults...
His powerful serve bailed him out a ton, but I think his stretching out for usual winners and wide retrieval threw off the traditional tommy. He just made haas hit hat extra ball and it saved him a lot, the defense won him the 2nd set. You didn't see the 0-40 tommy choke. Gael couldn't buy a first serve and tommy was just trying to be too fine with his backhand. Then he just giftwrapped the break.
tennisfan856 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote