MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 2 (!!) Billion views!

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #297
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 1 Billion views!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
What is the biggest amount of views for any song made well ahead of the "youtube age"? They will obviously score less well than hits seen there when they were new.
I don't know if there are any lists available for that, but of the top of my head, I just checked these songs for youtube views that didn't go viral like Gangnam or Macarena but had an organic growth in terms of popularity. They are still higher in number of views than Macarena which took the world by storm it arrived.

Here are ten such hits going backward in time:

1. 1998: Don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith (88 million views)
2. 1992: November rain- GnR (143 million views)
3. 1991: Winds of Change- Scorpions (46--do--)
4. 1987: With or without you- U2 (46 --)
5. 1985: Heaven - Bryan Adams (20--)
6. 1982: Thriller - Micheal Jackson (127 --)
7. 1981: Imagine - John Lennon (31 --)
8. 1976: Bohemian Rhapsody (59 --)
9. 1970: Stairway to heaven- Led Zeppelin (65 --)
10.1969: Here comes the sun- George Harrison (38 --)
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote