MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bernard's Articles and News

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #58
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard's Articles and News

Pat Rafter, and others in the Australian Tennis establishment, have treated Bernie like dirt. At a time in his career when he needed support they joined the media frenzy in kicking him when he was down. They then drop him from the Davis Cup squad even though he has a really good record in the competition and has been eager to play in it (unlike some other players of his generation) on the basis of one bad match against Mayer on clay. In the last two play off ties he has done what was needed of him in beating Wawrinka and Marcel-Stebe and it was Hewitt's failure to beat those players which cost Australia the tie. If he is resentful about what happened who could blame him? He owes Rafter and Co absolutely nothing and if I was him I would wait for them to beg me to come back and play.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote