MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #50
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
It might just remain the way it is now. If a company wants the scores they have to have a guy courtside.

But yes, your suggestion would make a lot more sense, economically from Sportradar's perspective
it makes no sense to hire a lot of guys to stand courtside when they can pay official judges (ITF makes a profit and the tournament becomes much more "profesional"). This is good to keep a statistical record as well, which will benefit both betting site and the ITF.

So it would be a Win/Win situation (cos, let's face it.. an umpire is much more unbiased than a guy in courtside.. the reputation of the tournament is higher and gamblers would feel safer as well as the tournament becoming more prestigious and less amateurish).

I talked to some umpires in these hours and they weren't notified about any changes yet.. but still the Futures tournaments start in march so there's still some time... I'll keep you all posted

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote