MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013 [final standings]

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #103
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013 [# stats]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
^^uxyzapenje
You sended your picks when Tipsarevic had already beaten Murray and Ferrer had beaten or was near beating Berdych in AbuDhabi. So Tipsarevic made the Top8 in your predictions and Ferrer landed even above Federer. Nice try, man!

The deadline:
Even if an Exho the AbuDhabi tournament is best for deadline since information is more important than a few ranking points.
AbuDhabi already holds a lot of information about the shape of several top players, probably more than Doha/Brisbane/Chennai and Sydney/Auckland combined.
The awarded ranking points for the latter are comparatively unimportant.
For example, at the 2011 AbuDhabi edition it became clear that Djokovic fully recovered from his back injury, which was pretty uncertain beforehand!
At last year's edition Nadal withdrew from the Australian Open during AbuDhabi.
Moreover, this thread is intended to be a relaxed Off-season activity.
I mean, it's almost the same if you settle your picks on 6th or 26th December. Not much happens during that three weeks.
Whereas predictions during the AbuDhabi tournament already imply an advantage in information.
It would be bad if most entrants waited with their predictions until the end of December.
WTF? Man, I was banned until 26th of December. You can see my posting history if you think I'm lying. I came here on 27th after 1 month, couldn't have picked it earlier. And if you saw any of my posts, you know that I would pick Tipsarevic even if he was beaten 6-0 6-0 by Murray. And also, if Tipsarevic beat Murray, why did I put Murray 2nd? It's an exho, it didn't affect my picks whatsoever...