MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I'm lost. What is the point of this?
I believe on the ATP/Challenger circuit it's pretty open, after all, there are the press offices, you can submit articles and tweets as early as you want (despite tournaments also having official livescores and betting companies scoring and streaming). For some reason, at ITF tournaments it seems to be a problem though.

Only exceptions are tournaments where gambling companies are main sponsors, in Kitzbuehel (and Hamburg, I think) credited journalists are forced to sign under rules they will not tweet from the things that happen in the match (even if a squirrel shows up on court). To be honest, I don't like this rule at these 2 tournaments, but maybe I'm biased due to being a journalist myself, maybe other people think it's fair enough if the gambling company gives money for the tournament to happen and they have exclusive rights for this. I don't know.

www.tenislove.pl

Last edited by Nathaliia : 01-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote