MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #3601
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The trouble with having a birthday so close to Christmas and New Year is that people tend to go cheap for the second gift.

They'll get you a decent birthday gift. Perfectly fine.
Then, they follow it up with a half-arsed cheap X-mas present because "you just had a birthday gift already" which would also be perfectly fine if you didn't have a good enough memory of what others receive for birthdays and as a bonus, a nice and generous X-mas gift. Comparing gifts, you tend to get the short end of the stick.

Happens almost each year.

/greedy

i can feel your pain

that's precisely why i picked Petru Name's Day as far as possible from his bday or Xmas. to have the opportunity to get THREE fat gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
would love to have got Hilde a ribbon for her hair, what a great xmas/bd gift that woulda been

What about a frying pan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Another trend: you ask the parents of your godchildren what to get them for new year.

Big mistake.

They end up advising you "useful" things to give (like a new pijama, a lunch box, a pair of gloves,..."no seriously, she'll love it"...yeah, right) while they give their children "fun" gifts as if it's a popularity contest: "we got you this while your godmother only got you that".

Solution: you don't bother asking the parents any more.
With my mom it was exactly the opposite: everytime she was buying me this solid, practical stuff while everybody else and especially my dad( they were divorced) gave me the most awesome things: awesome dresses, jewelry, flowers in those big, ornamented bouquets as you see in movies

the frustration grew and one year when she bought our Goddaughter a silver bracelet( that i remember every single detail of to this day ) and me a pijama i just snapped and tear the pijamas in her face. She never did the same mistake again